Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1, 2016

Day 1 of 2016 was nice and happy. I woke up at 10 to my father’s call and started getting ready to go out. I really wanted to have breakfast this morning but I was running late. One of my friends from Jaipur was here, and we had plans to meet for coffee, but she cancelled because she wasn’t feeling well. That was a bit of a bummer because I miss her a lot, but I was having lunch with another friend I made from my blog, so there was that to look forward to. January 1 is a significant day, so of course I ended up in Khan Market. My friend came bearing presents, and we finally got a chance to catch up. Sometimes it's so strange to realize, mid-conversation, that she’s been reading what can be classified as my innermost thoughts for about seven years now. It’s a weird feeling, hearing her talk about my writing in person. But she’s smart and insightful and very sweet, and I introduced her to banoffee pie, so the lunch was a win in every way.

From Khan I went to Amalfi, which is slowly turning into my new favourite place, and spent many, many hours with another group of friends. I ate prawns (of course) and had some five sips of champagne. It does not taste good, you guys! I called some friends and family throughout the day, and tried not to do things or see people I dislike. Of course, the landlord called asking for rent, and I came back home to a laptop that seems to be falling apart, but hopefully I’ll fix these issues soon.

I have many social engagements for the upcoming week, but I just want to stay home and eat clean for a few days. Regardless, this was a good day, and right now I really wish I didn’t have to work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment