Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Half of my Facebook friend list is vacationing in Goa right now, and the other half is in Europe. How do people my age have enough money to be able to do this? I hate Facebook for doing this. I don’t want to see your money and your travel and your fanciness. But this made me work harder on deciding the destination for my next weekend getaway. Also, when did Uttarakhand become so fancy? Every travel blog is asking me to go someplace in that state.

Because my mother and I have been getting on each other’s nerves for the last couple of weeks, I decided to cook today because I needed something from her later. I made chicken pulao, which looked better than it tasted, but it was good nonetheless. However, I could have saved myself the trouble because my mother got angry when I told her about the weekend trip anyway. My father asked me if I was asking for permission or just telling them. I told him that technically 25-year-olds shouldn’t be asking for permission for stuff like this. My mother was, of course, not on board with the idea. Her reason is embarrassingly sexist, so I’m not writing it here, but I’m amazed at how many things she wants me to give up for the imaginary husband. I’m going regardless, now more than ever. They can’t stop me.

My brother got a job. So at least one child in this family has one now. I think he’s going to turn it down in favour of MTech, though. I also turned down the only job offer I had till now because the salary was crap. I tried not to think about what if it were my only chance of moving out again.

I found this group of Brooklyn writers on Tumblr recently, and have been obsessing over them for the last few days. They make me feel not well-read and dumb, and even though I don’t understand so much of what they write about, I can’t stop reading.

The best thing about today was that I managed to do the chakrasana in yoga class without my instructor’s help.

2 comments:

  1. Say more on the Brooklyn writers please. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say more on the Brooklyn writers please. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete