Friday, November 13, 2015

So it turns out that leaving everything for the last minute has its drawbacks. If my father is to be believed, and he says this is only tentative, I move on the 21st. That gives me less than 10 days to do everything. And because I’m going to be house hunting in Delhi this weekend, that leaves me with even fewer days to do things and meet people in Jaipur. You have literally two friends in Jaipur, says my mother, so what's the fuss. That’s technically true, but I have other things to do. I can’t explain what, but I can’t just say goodbye like this.

It’s also the last day my brother and I will spend together for the foreseeable future. Because we have extended family staying here at the moment, I can’t seem to have a minute alone with him and that’s pissing me off. The to-do lists are only getting lengthier and I’m very clearly running out of time. And because elders know best, and maybe they do but please at least pretend to listen to me, nobody is paying any attention when I say what I want in an apartment or how I want to do things during this move. 

It's probably not helping that I blew my diet today with all the laal maans and keema baati and tiramisu that was consumed during lunch with a friend and now can't shake off the guilt. Plus I'm a little concerned about my relationship status right now and that kind of early 20s drama is not something a 25-year-old should be dealing with.

I’m listening to Isharon Isharon Mein on loop and getting teary-eyed. This hasn’t happened to me in months, so I don’t know what to do with myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment