Sunday, November 29, 2015

Delhi 2.0

I don’t think my brain has reset its settings to Delhi yet, because I feel like I’m doing everything in a bit of a daze. But that’s probably because I’m still living with relatives, and a friend almost always accompanies me to work in the morning. My parents are going to be here in six days for a couple of days, so homesickness hasn’t kicked in either.

The new workplace is interesting. The setup is very different from my old job, and that will take some serious getting used to, but the people seem nice and it seems like if I can learn how to write well while being pelted with entertaining but often unnecessary information from all sides, I’ll do well here. I’m still mostly quiet at work, because I haven't figured out who I'm supposed to be here. I haven’t been the new girl anywhere in ages, and I was so used to being the baby, the mean girl, the fantastic untouchable over-achieving genius at my old workplace that I don’t know how to be okay with being the person who doesn’t know anything. But of course I don’t know anything and I don’t have much time to learn the ropes, so gotta pull up my socks.

And then, of course, if I can just get my writing mojo back, everything will be fine. But there’s no way of knowing how soon, if at all, that will happen.

I watched Tamasha last night and it was okay. It was beautifully shot and I wanted to go to Corsica, but I don’t understand or agree with all these raving reviews about how it’s such a realistic portrayal of a modern-day love story. Maybe I don’t know what love looks like anymore?

I need to see my friends. Soon. Maybe then I’ll feel like I’m back.

1 comment: