Tuesday, May 29, 2018

210

I usually dislike all forms of pep talk because they rarely break through my shield of pessimism and cynicism. But this morning, a random lady in my gym said something so nice to me that I couldn't help but be motivated for, like, five minutes. Which is a lot for me. And she said it all so matter-of-factly, not in the way most people talk in gyms, with their high and mighty advice about weight loss and strength and bench pressing. She wasn't even trying to motivate me, she was just making conversation and stating the obvious, which I guess we sometimes miss because we're too busy wallowing in self-pity? And she said something that Sona used to say a lot. "Life is too long." As in, why are you worried about running out of time, life is too long and there is enough time. I think more people should think like that, instead of stressing about life being too short.  

I don't know. It made my entire morning, and even though the rest of the day was really crappy, five minutes of non-suckiness mean a lot to me in present circumstances. 

1 comment:

  1. One phrase that made my week for a while is - <cue me telling a friend how everybody looks like they are doing great' and she said - Not always, sometimes samne se sundar piche se bandar.

    ReplyDelete