Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I got a job offer. I’m going to say no, in all probability, but just the fact that I got an offer without even applying somewhere made me feel like things might turn out okay.

I want to take another trip. Not a long one, maybe just a weekend away. First I thought I’d do it this long weekend, but my brother’s coming home tomorrow, so I postponed it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a weekend getaway close to Delhi/Jaipur?

I’m glad he’s going to be home, though. Because it takes the focus off me. I’m not very good with being the only child around.

Yesterday my Yoga instructor twisted my body into inhuman shapes during what he called ‘therapy yoga’ and then told me that I have a very flexible body for someone with my weight. That made me very happy.

***

This evening, a friend picked me up from home and we were just driving around the market trying to decide what to eat.

Me: Do we want to go to Burger Farm? But that’s too many calories.

She: Maybe the spinach toast at CCD?

Me: Maybe. Who are you calling?

She: My mom. To tell her I’ll be late. You think of where we can go, just don’t say it out loud or mumma will hear you.

Me: You know that other 25-year-old girls hide boyfriends, sex, drugs and alcohol from their mothers, right? What are we hiding? Food. 

She: I can't decide if that's pathetic or funny.

***

The search for a mind-blowing book continues.

1 comment: